East African Development Bank (EADB) has launched the EADB Math, Science, Technology and Engineering University Scholarship Program, in partnership with The Africa-America Institute. Scholarships will be available to experienced teachers and lecturers with a bachelor’s degree in math, science, technology and engineering with an interest in pursuing a graduate degree in those fields in the United States at Rutgers University and New Jersey Institute of Technology, world-class universities less than an hour away from New York City.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA | Applicants must be:
- A university graduate with a Bachelor’s degree with First Class/Upper Second Honours in Mathematics, Sciences or Engineering
- Under 40 years of age and a citizen of the EADB Member States: Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda
- Experienced Teachers and Lecturers of tertiary institutions, secondary schools, and polytechnics with at least 3 years full-time teaching experience
- Working full-time in public, government owned educational institutions
- Committed to returning to their home country to teach in a public government owned institution
- Diligent in successfully completing the application process by the allotted deadlines at Rutgers University and New Jersey Institute of Technology
This fully funded scholarship will provide full tuition, room and living expenses within a stipulated budget. Terms and conditions apply. Application deadline is January 25, 2016.
TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP AND FOR MORE INFORMATION Visit www.aaionline.org/EADB or email EADB@aaionline.org