Duty station: Uganda
Reporting to: Administration Manager
The Front Officer is responsible for answering all telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner and routes them appropriately to facilitate communication within and outside the Bank. This is addition to manning the reception and providing administrative support as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer, transfer and direct incoming and outgoing calls appropriately. Keep record of calls and prepare monthly reports showing expenses to immediate supervisor.
- Give routine, non-interpretative information on request and keep updated on daily activities to respond to and provide callers with current Bank activity information.
- Input, update, and maintain an accurate telephone directory showing current client and staff contact details.
- Receive emergency calls and forward them to appropriate departments.
- Instruct staff, in the use of office telephone, conference calling, and maintenance of the same.
- Follow-up telephone bills from the various service providers. i.e. (MTN, UTL & Airtel) and to see to it that bills are received early enough and payments processed. Monitor service contracts to ensure that EADB pays for telephone services timeously to avoid service interruption.
- Oversee routine service maintenance, repairs and upgrade of telephone equipment to ensure efficient functioning.
- Keep and maintain records of monthly telephone expenses for future references and budget purposes.
- Provide excellent customer service to both the external and internal clients on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that messages left with the operator are recorded correctly and relayed to the respective members of staff without delay.
- Quick response to users’ complaints and requests e.g. faulty handsets.
- Receive the visitors and ensure that they are provided with information or directed to the relevant officer as required
- Perform simple clerical tasks as directed by Management.
- Carryout any other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in switchboard management.
- Customer service training will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with all necessary office equipment, software, and procedures
- Reliability and a strong work ethic combined with great communication skills are a must,.
- High level of Integrity and confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills
- Tact and Diplomacy
- Results orientation and attention to detail
- Initiative and pro-activity
- Telephone etiquette