Duty station: Uganda
Reporting to: Senior Legal Officer
The employee shall provide shared administrative support and secretarial services to the bank. In particular, the position shall provide clerical, administrative and secretarial services to the legal function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support e.g. filling, and secretarial services to the legal team and other departments when assigned.
- Preparing for Board Meetings, including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items, drafting the agenda, setting the timetable and owners for board material preparation, producing a final draft of the Board pack.
- Manage relationships with Board Members, including arranging board member travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, and board meeting logistics.
- Provide secretarial services to committee meetings as assigned.
- Type both internal and external correspondence as assigned;
- Type reports as assigned
- Maintain up to date filing records and system, for ease of information storage, access and retrieval;
- Perform research and analysis of routine legal problems and issues.
- Assist with conducting research, compiling, writing, editing and publishing rules, regulations and policies of the Bank.
- Perform related work as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A First degree in secretarial studies from a recognised University.
- Diploma in legal practice an added advantage
- At least 2 years working experience in legal practice
- Considerable knowledge of research and analysis methods.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate oral and written data, to analyze facts and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to maintain a law library, records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of MS. Word, Power point, Excel and Internet.
- Ability to use judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Results orientation and high level of personal integrity.