Duty station: Rwanda, Uganda
Reporting to: Respective Country Manager
The Senior Investment Officer will be responsible for carrying out detailed analysis of all project proposals, prepare appraisal reports ensuring adherence to governance requirements and other standards set by the Bank and assess risk factors to ensure projects meet institutional standards prior to submission to the Project Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carryout detailed analysis of all project proposals, interrogate all appraisal reports, examine adherence to governance requirements and other standards set by the Bank and assess risk factors to ensure projects meet institutional standards prior to submission to Credit Committee.
- Gather and analyze financial statements, industry and regulatory and economic information to determine viability of proposed investment projects.
- Prepare reports for the PROCO summarizing data, describing current and long term investment risks, economic influences pertinent to proposed investments and suitability of investment in view of the Bank’s standard.
- Keep abreast with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the East African economies.
- Develop and maintain contacts to gain market information, research and analyze financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions, for use in making investment decisions.
- Develop comparative credit analysis of credit profiles of key players in the Bank’s main client sectors.
- Interpret data concerning price, yield, stability, and future trends of investments and disseminate the information to investment officers and management.
- Support the legal team in preparing investment covenants that will protect the Bank’s interests at all times and ensure that the clients meet all their obligations before handing over the projects to the project supervision team for disbursement.
- Carryout any other responsibilities assigned by Management.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A finance related, engineering or other numerate degree from a recognized university;
- Professional accounting or finance qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CFA;
- Relevant Post graduate degree such as an MBA or Masters in Finance;
- Minimum of 7 years’ similar or relevant experience in a large commercial or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing; of which 3 should be at senior management level in credit management;
- Hands-on/ practical experience in originating, appraising and implementing projects in a number of sectors;
- Ability to structure, evaluate and close complex financial transactions using up to date methods;
- Proven track record of successful investment, appraisal, analysis;
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships;
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using Financial models;
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and work as team;
- Experience of working with a large financial institution or multilateral organization is required;
- High level of integrity with a clean record of service;
- Ability to work independently and show professional judgment in carrying out assigned tasks; and
- International exposure will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated, flexible, mature and articulate in speech and presentation;
- Excellent analytical skills, problem identification and solving skills, attention to detail;
- Highly innovative;
- Business acumen;
- Tact , Diplomacy and Good networking skills;
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence high level decision makers.
- Customer service orientation
- Results-orientation and dedicated to growing the Bank’s business in East Africa
- Fluent in English and d working knowledge of Kiswahili.